Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Made it to Seoul!

After a day and half of shuttle buses, planes, trams, and another big bus, my Mom and I made it into Seoul. The flight was 14 hours long, and I had planned to sleep for at least half of that time, but it didn't quite happen. At least my mom was able to upgrade my ticket to business class. My college friend Ki-Eun was nice enough to meet us at the airport. We got on an hour-long bus ride to take us into Seoul. About halfway through my motion sickness started in and I was lucky that I didn't loose my cookies. So we got to the hotel safe and sound and I was able to lie down for an hour. Then we went out to explore the area around the hotel, which is thought of as more of a western area. There are tons of souveniors and Korean stuff to buy. I'm held back on buying anything yet, and will save it for tomorrow morning when Ki-Eun will take us to a large open-aired Korean market in the morning. Off to bed (If I can sleep) and SO looking forward to meeting Evie in the afternoon! It will be the best birthday present ever!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Glad you made it and held on to your cookies. Best of luck meeting your new gorgeous daughter tomorrow... we are all thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete