Sunday, February 27, 2011

Potty Whoas



Here are some shots of Jake with one of his potties. We have 2 potties for him-1 for upstairs and 1 for downstairs. Lately he's been having fun carrying his potty around-I don't like that.
Jake started going on the potty about 3 months ago, and it started well. He went about 10 times by himself, then all the sudden stopped going. Lately we've been working more with him on it. He spent the day at home with Brian today, and apparently Brian was able to get him to go after lunch. Well, after dinner I took him upstairs and sat with him for 20 minutes while he was on the potty. We talked and threw a ball, but he didn't go for me. He had a lot to drink for dinner so I figured he really had to go. We sat and sat and played and played. I finally gave up, and we went into his room to put on a diaper. I started to put the diaper on, and wouldn't you know it, he started to pee in it. Argh! Not only did he not go in the potty, but he sprayed pee on me. I guess we will have to keep trying.

1 comment:

  1. We are right there with you! Tried underwear for the first time yesterday. She went thru 5 pair in under 2 hours all the while she also went on the potty FOUR times. Who goes to the bathroom 9 times in 2 hours? My child apparently. ... Sigh ... Back to the pull-ups. At least we can work on taking them on and off.

    ReplyDelete